The Nedbank Group and the NEPAD Business Foundation (NBF) hosted the Nedbank-NBF Networking Forum themed, “Greening SADC towards Vision 2030: Coordinating public and private-sector collaboration to accelerate SADC’s just transition strategy”. The event was hosted at the Nedbank Head Office in August 2022.
The aim of this engagement was to develop a roadmap of how Africa can achieve net-zero emissions by providing industry and regional perspectives and propose a way forward with public and private-sector collaboration to accelerate the green transition.
This Nedbank-NBF Networking Forum was officiated by the Mr. Mpho Makwana, Nedbank Chairman. The welcome address was given by Mr. Mike Brown, Group CEO: Nedbank. The vote of thanks was given by Mr. Geoff Rothschild, Chairman: NEPAD Business Foundation.
The following experts shared their knowledge of the green economy and its adaptation in the SADC context and how to facilitate its sustainable development
• Honourable Ms Barbara Creecy – Minister of Forestry, Fisheries and the Environment, South Africa
• Her Excellency Mrs. Donga-Sibanda – Zimbabwe Deputy Ambassador to South Africa
• Dr. Martyn Davies – Managing Director: Emerging Markets & Africa: Deloitte
• Dr. Marius Oosthuizen – Director: Gordon Institute of Business Science (GIBS) and Director: World Energy Council
• Catherine Koffman – Group Executive: Project Preparation: DBSA
• Anel Bosman – Group Managing Executive: Nedbank CIB
• Thabo Molekoa – Chairman and Managing Director: Siemens Energy Southern Africa
• Seara Mkhabela – Group Head: Corporate Affairs: Anglo American
• Dumisani Nkala – Vice President-Low Carbon Energy Solutions: Sasol
• Professor Busani Ngcaweni – Director General & Principal: National School of Government
• Mr. Amos Hadebe – Executive Head: Group Stakeholder Relations and Public Affairs: Nedbank
• Peter Varndell – CEO: NEPAD Business Foundation
• Kudzanayi Bangure – Programme Manager: NEPAD Business Foundation
Follow the conversation using hashtags #NedbankNBFNetworkingForum #NNNF2022